Congratulations! Production Status means that your Site is ready to go online - But it actually indicates several things:
- First, we make your Site available on the public Internet (the "World Wide Web") and submit it to the major Search Engines that accept submissions from the general Internet Community without a listing fee
- Second, we begin to back up your site regularly and to monitor site traffic.
- Finally, we bill you for your contracted RidgeStar Service Tier. (We will also bill you during Site Development if 30 days of inactivity pass after the Initial Consultation.)
It's time to make sure that your Site gets used: It's time to promote and track your Site. As a production RidgeStar Site, you will be authorized to logon to the Clients section of the RidgeStar Site. You will be able to see your Account status (the $$$), Email configuration, and a variety of Operations reports (activity and usage levels for your Site). Check in with your Account Rep about this when you go production.
Here are some ideas for promoting your Site:
- Advertise on sites that relate to your site - or ask to exchange links.
- Use print, radio, or other media
- Advertise your Site and URL on flyers, letterhead and business cards
- Plan ahead and ensure your Site's URL is included in your Yellow Page listing
- Set up a Word-of-mouth incentive
For more information on these promotional techniques, see Sources.
If you want to increase your Site's return visits, provide them with value:
- Send out Email bulletins that note changes, special offers, and new (helpful!) information.
- Update site with fresh content
- Respond to customer inquiries
- If you own an e-commerce site, respond to orders promptly
- Provide security assurance