3 Aug 2002
Many clients choose RidgeStar because they can request prompt, expert web help whenever needed. However, at times, the volume of these requests makes it impossible for our technicians to respond within the workday. When this happens, our technicians categorize the requests according to urgency.
Categorizing requests empowers the technicians to meet the most urgent needs quickly, while ensuring that less urgent needs are also addressed in a timely manner. The categorizations are arranged as follows:
- Critical (Level1)
- "Outage" or "NO service" from a RidgeStar Web Server represents a Level1 request. Our technicians will drop everything to fix these problems. Critical issues ALWAYS take precedence over any other issue until they are resolved. Other examples of Level1 situations include Web Server not operating; Internet line service not operational; mail server not responding, etc.
- Severe (Level2)
- Level2 requests include problems like a production site experiencing a key component or page failure, for example: Scripting errors when accessing data base information, receiving a RidgeStar page response instead of a Client Domain page, the inability to accept orders on Merchant sites, logon failure, etc.
- Major (Level3)
- Level3 requests represent page failures on a production site that hinder normal operations, for example: intermittent Script errors, overall performance problems, etc.
- Minor (Level4)
- A minor request represents a problem or issue like a processing logic error that does not hinder a production site's ability to operate successfully; for example, a graphic that links to the wrong page or that is missing.
- Small Enhancements (Level5)
- Level5 Issues include requests for minor changes to a production site; for example, updating text, bulk loading a database table, etc.
- New Development (Level6)
- All other production site development and ALL new client site development are processed AFTER all other outstanding higher priority issues are resolved.
To avoid the request crunch that often occurs during specific times of the year, like early fall, we recommend that you do not wait until the last minute to request implementations. Please keep in mind that RidgeStar technicians are a shared resource: if we don't get to your request immediately, it's because a higher priority task has grabbed our attention; we haven't forgotten about you.
And remember, prioritizing requests works to everyone's benefit in the long run!